fruit tart recipe (DAiry free!)
This summer fruit tart perfectly manages to seal in the taste and all the feels of summer! It’s light, refreshing, sweet and has a slight zing to it. And all those bright colours are sure to per up your mood and most definitely your taste buds. This recipe requires no baking making it a fun one to make with children and is dairy free, nut free and refined sugar free. Take it to a party or eat it by yourself, this recipe makes 10 servings.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep Time: 25 mins plus 4 hours to set
Cook Time: 0
For the crust:
110g (1 cup) rolled oats
140g (1 cup) sunflower seeds
40g (1/4 cup) pitted dates
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
For dairy free ‘custard’:
500g coconut yoghurt
70g (1/4 cup) raw honey
1 tbsp vanilla
Zest of 2 lemons
2 tsp turmeric (to give it that yellow custard colour and an extra boost of curcumin!)
Whatever summer fruit you like! Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and basil are my fave.
1. Blend oats and sunflower seeds till they resemble a grainy/sandy texture then add the rest of the crust ingredients and blend in food processor.
2. Pour crumble into tart pan and press down with a spoon then place in freezer.
3. Blend all custard ingredients in food processor and then pour on top of crust, spreading it out evenly.
4. Top tart with summer fruit and basil.
5. Set in fridge for 4 hours or overnight (or freezer in an hour if you are in a hurry).